Re: box-shadow and features (was [css3-background] Issues and Proposed Resolutions)

Alan Gresley wrote:

> Well this is how the minus value for spread would work (I presume). The
> darkest part of the shadow become smaller.
>

> ----------------
> |              |
> |              |
> |              |
> |       XXXXXXX|XX
> |       XXXXXXX|XX
> --------X-X-X-X|XX
>         XXXXXXXXXX
>

> Thus emulating perspective.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perspective_%28visual%29

Quote: "In graphic representation, an artist uses intuitive, artistic,
scientific, or technical skills to represent the phenomenon of the
visual perception of perspective. In simpler terms, these skills are
used to add a suggestion of depth to what is ultimately a flat image or
drawing."

The flat canvas is the monitor but using highlights, shadows and colors
you can emulate depth of field or perspective.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depth_of_field

The same way as all of the great artist did centuries ago. Instead of
paint brushes and a fabric canvas we have CSS and the canvas (monitor).
Pardon my old art school training, I am artist and my tool now is CSS. :-)

Alan