Re: [css3-background] box-shadow syntax

From: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 09:50:51 +1000
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
CC: Brad Kemper <brkemper@comcast.net>, Eli Morris-Heft <dai@doublefishstudios.com>, "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>

fantasai wrote:

> Alan Gresley wrote:
>>
>> Brad Kemper wrote:
>>> Here is my mockup:
>>>
>>> http://bradclicks.com/cssplay/Shadows.html
>>

>> Brad, we can do this forever, go here, go there and really make the
>> CSS WG more of an un-working group, we overload them with list messages.
>
> Actually, Brad's feedback here has been very helpful for understanding
> what this feature request is and why it's useful.
>
> ~fantasai

Brad comments has been useful for me to. We actually have a quartet of
possibilities all depending on if the shadow is inside or outside the
border-box and whether it's a highlight or a shadow.

    Type    |     Inner     |      Outer    |
   shadow   | 1. blur~sharp | 2. sharp~blur |
  highlight | 3. blur~sharp | 4. sharp~blur |

I have demo 1. and 4. Brad's inner shadow in 2.

Alan