Re: SVG Color Keywords Applicability

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 05:04:09PM -0700, L. David Baron wrote:

> This has been recorded as
> http://csswg.inkedblade.net/spec/css3-color#issue-19 and has been
> addressed in the editor's draft at
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-color/#svg-color by adding the
> sentence:
>   # This specification extends their definition beyond SVG.

Can sections 4.1 and 4.3 be merged, then?  Suggested title ‘Color
keywords’.  We could still start by listing the 16 HTML colours (or 17
CSS 2.1 colours, = HTML + orange) given that they include the most basic
colours.

Having a single section makes it clearer that there's no distinction in
their treatment as far as css3-color is concerned.

If a motivation for having separate lists is to give information on
backwards compatibility, then I'd have thought it more valuable to
identify the colour specifications supported by CSS 2.1
(http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/syndata.html#color-units)
than those supported by HTML attributes.

pjrm.