Re: Setting focus (Re: [Bulk] Re: [BECS] CSSS! - CSS script)

On Friday 09 May 2008 19:09, Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
> Bert Bos wrote:
>  > Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
>  >> Speaking about functions. set-focus() for example can be useful
>  >> for implementing <label for> functionality but for any type of
>  >> element.
>  >
>  > Setting focus to some element in a Web page is a bad idea. It
>  > means that the keyboard works differently depending on whether the
>  > page has a focusable element or not.
>
> Bert, I am not sure I understand you well here.
> In my sample I've reproduced standard functionality of <label for>.
> It is not anyhow different from what UA already do.

In that case I misunderstood you. I'm only talking about the *initial*
focus. Current browsers don't set the focus on opening a page and that
should remain so.(*)

The <label> element doesn't change where the focus goes, it just
enlarges the clickable area of a form control. That functionality is
quite useful.

(*) There is one exception: lynx. And it's very frustrating :-(

Bert