Re: [css3-background] box-shadow syntax

From: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 02:01:36 +1000
To: Henrik Hansen <henrikb4@gmail.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org

Henrik Hansen wrote:

> But I'm pretty sure the mix part can be done in a much smarter way, I just
> can't seem to figure it out, maybe David Hyatt knows more about that. (as
> you said Alan)
> -Henrik Hansen

David has already figured it out (I presume).

It is seen with text shadow where the shadow can be seen through the
transparent text casting the shadow. It's just that previously
box-shadow has been seen as something that sits outside the border edge
of an element and that's what webkit currently implements.