Re: [css3-background] box-shadow syntax

From: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 02:01:36 +1000
To: Henrik Hansen <henrikb4@gmail.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org

Henrik Hansen wrote:
[...]

> But I'm pretty sure the mix part can be done in a much smarter way, I just
> can't seem to figure it out, maybe David Hyatt knows more about that. (as
> you said Alan)
>
> -Henrik Hansen

David has already figured it out (I presume).

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2008Jan/0483.html

It is seen with text shadow where the shadow can be seen through the
transparent text casting the shadow. It's just that previously
box-shadow has been seen as something that sits outside the border edge
of an element and that's what webkit currently implements.

Alan

http://css-class.com/test/