Re: [css3-background] box-shadow syntax

From: Brad Kemper <brkemper@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 20:54:52 -0700
Cc: Eli Morris-Heft <dai@doublefishstudios.com>, "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
To: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>

On May 9, 2008, at 4:41 PM, Alan Gresley wrote:

> box-shadow: 4px -3px 1em() blue;
>

> Does that look confusing to you?

I don't think we need to be adding functional notation to distance
measurements. I would require a whole new way yo tokenize the
measurement, would not be backwards compatible with the way shadows
work today (in WebKit, for instance), and offers no advantage over
just inserting a space before the keyword instead.