Re: [css3-background] box-shadow syntax

On May 8, 2008, at 2:21 AM, Alan Gresley wrote:

> Brad Kemper wrote:
>
>>> The third length is a blur radius. Negative values are not allowed.
>> But I would like to see that changed.
>

> Hi Brad, can you please explain how you can give a negative value
> for a blur? I not understanding or seeing.
>

> Alan

You'd have to read what I wrote above that. But I will give an example:

What I am suggesting is that if that if you have, for instance, 4px
for the blur value of box shadow, then it is a 4px blur on an outer
shadow, as it is now in Webkit. But if you specify a -4px blur value
then it would be interpreted as a 4px blur on an inner shadow. So the
blur is still 4px wide, but the negative sign indicates that it goes
on the inside and not the outside.