Re: [css3-background] box-shadow syntax

From: Brad Kemper <brkemper@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 08:43:39 -0700
Cc: www-style@w3.org
To: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>

On May 7, 2008, at 2:41 AM, Bert Bos wrote:

> without an offset, no part of the shadow is outside the border and
> thus none of it is visible. Maybe the offset should not be optional,
> or maybe the default offset should not be zero.

You can have a blur radius without an offset in order to create a glow
effect, right? Or am I taking your comments out of context, since you
were talking about all three values being zero?

I like all three defaulting to zero, as it is a blank slate that can
be changed to create whatever effect the author is looking for. Kind
of like "text-decoration" defaulting to "none" until it is changed.