Re: [CSS21] Why are browser default style values different from Appendix D

From: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 09:11:00 +1000
To: Saloni Mira Rai <salonir@microsoft.com>
CC: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

Alan Gresley wrote (myself):

> Hi Saloli
>
> Thank you. Some work you have done there but I find CVS hard to follow
> so have used a trick I developed 6 years ago.
>
> http://css-class.com/test/css/defaults/UA-style-sheet-defaults.htm

Having a further look I see that for IE7 the elements H1, H2, H3, H4,
H5, H6 and P have no verticals margins. The margin is given as '0'. This
can only be true if somehow hasLayout has made the margins disappeared.

I have also done a small test case with unordered list.

http://css-class.com/test/css/defaults/unordered-list.htm

Which show all non IE Implementations showing a padding-left of roughly
40px for the UL.

Alan