Re: [CSS21] [css3-values] px and device pixels

From: Brad Kemper <brkemper@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 23:20:30 -0700
Cc: Felix Miata <mrmazda@ij.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
To: "Paul Nelson (ATC)" <paulnel@winse.microsoft.com>
That sounds like a good case for media queries on resolution.

As an author I would be unlikely to specify something as a device
pixel instead of px, because it seems the main result would be to
have really, really unpredictable print layouts that did not look as
I intended because they did not scale well.

But I might write some extra rules in a media query for a higher
resolution device to try to make the design work well under those
conditions.