Re: [CSS21] [css3-values] px and device pixels

On Mar 22, 2008, at 10:24 AM, Brad Kemper wrote:

>> I'd suggest to introduce new length unit - physical pixel
>> - that is "naked" number (without any special unit designator).
>
> That would result in thicknesses that are vastly different when
> printed than they are on screen (about a hundred times smaller in
> my case). As an author, I can't see much use for that.

I'll rescind this last statement. I can see use for it in a print
only style sheet, in limited circumstances where I know what the dpi
of the device is. But I'd be happier if I could just specify a 1/4
pixel line for a printer and have it rounded to 19 pixels on a 9600
dpi printer. I'm not sure if this actually happens in all browsers or
not.