Re: [css2.1] :first-line behvior

From: Ambrose Li <ambrose.li@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 15:06:24 -0400
To: "Sergey Malkin" <sergeym@windows.microsoft.com>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

On 19/03/2008, Sergey Malkin <sergeym@windows.microsoft.com> wrote:

>  Several people already pointed out to me, that "div:first-line span" is not valid for CSS and should be ignored. So behavior I expect is incorrect, but behavior of Opera and Safari still seems wrong.

I don't understand why div:first-line span would be invalid in any
way; it looks very much valid to me. Could you summarize the reasons
for the benefit of other people? Thanks

--
cheers,
-ambrose

Yahoo and Gmail must die. Yes, I use them, but they still must die.
PS: Don't trust everything you read in Wikipedia. (Very Important)