RE: lang attribute was [CSS3] ltr and rtl pseudo-class proposal

From: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 12:53:21 -0700
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> Alan Gresley wrote:
> > Can this link be linked to from within the CSS spec for :lang.
>
> The whole point is that :lang can apply to various document languages (in the
> HTML sense).  It doesn't make much sense to single out a single document
> language and link to its definition of language processing because in other
> document languages (say SVG or MathML or whatnot) it could well be different.
>
> -Boris

Ok, can bits of the drafts of these languages concerning :lang be used in the CSS spec? In.

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/selector.html#lang

I see just this one line that indicates inheritance.

"The second pair of rules actually set the 'quotes' property on Q elements according to the language of its parent."

This is not seen in the CSS3 spec.