RE: [CSS3] ltr and rtl pseudo-class proposal

From: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 23:46:54 -0700
To: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
cc: www-style@w3.org, robert@ocallahan.org

Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:

> Nothing wrong in principle.
>
> div:ltr will match any element that has or is
> inside element with dir="ltr" defined explicitly. So
>
>    div:ltr { direction:rtl; }
>
> simply means that in this particular div author wants
> to see rtl text despite of possible ltr environment.
>
> May or may not have any sense. The same as here:
>    div[dir="ltr"] { direction:rtl; }
>
> --
> Andrew Fedoniouk.

Hi Andrew, I guess you missed my initial reply.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2008Mar/0207.html

Anyhow, to put an end to this whatever, please see this text case.

http://css-class.com/test/css/selectors/attribute-dir1.htm

[dir="ltr"] {background:red}
[dir="ltr"] [dir="rtl"] {background:blue}

It will work in most UAs.

Alan

http://css-class.com/test/