RE: List item and marker box layout - Spec needs example / clarification for nested block scenario.

From: Sushanth Rajasankar <Sushanth.Rajasankar@microsoft.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 16:24:55 -0700
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Boris/ David,

Appreciate your replies. I was tricked into believing that first-line does not apply to the child block, after playing with this test case.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/strict.dtd">

<head>

            div:first-line { text-transform: uppercase; }

</head>

            This is surely in upper case.

[cid:image001.png@01C88781.FDF63080]

I now clearly see that the spec intends to have the marker positioned with the first line of the child block.

I would imagine the marker affects the line height of that first line as well.

Thanks,

Sushanth.

image001.png
(image/png attachment: image001.png)