Re: [CSSWG] Resolutions 2008-03-04 and 2008-03-11

From: Brad Kemper <brkemper@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 20:04:06 -0700
To: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>

On Mar 12, 2008, at 3:10 PM, L. David Baron wrote:

> We're
> talking about a spec already in CR, so let's please limit the
> changes to clarifying what's ambiguous about it, and not adding new
> features.

Well, I guess that's that then. I guess having something that looks
(and in many respects, acts) like a math equation, be actually parsed
as one, is a new feature. I thought it was kind of surprising that it
was so strict about how the expression was expressed, given that this
was in CR and all. But as I also mentioned, I can easily live with
the restrictions if they are required in order to move this forward.

> I'd like to be able to actually ship support for this at some point
> rather than having it get pulled because the spec isn't ready.

Yeah, I get that. Any chance the next version of selectors could make
this a little more flexible?