Re: [cssom-view] small update

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 1:22 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> wrote:

> I made a few small changes in how the APIs are defined (clearer
> definitions, I think) and added AbstractView from DOM Level 2 Views. I
> also renamed WindowView to ScreenView and defined it to be for visual
> media only. I also moved offset*, scroll*, and client* attributes to their
> own interface that will only function for objects implementing
> HTMLElement. As roc mentioned on this list they're not that useful now we
> have getClientRects() and getBoundingClientRect() so we might as well
> restrict them for now.

offset* yes, because they're evil, but client* and especially scroll* would
be good to have more generally. After all you can apply CSS 'overflow' to
non-HTML elements.

BTW I just noticed that in RangeView, the definition of
getBoundingClientRect when all boxes are empty needs to be updated to match
the definition for elements.

Also, the language for determining the rectangles for Text nodes needs to be
clarified so it's clear we make up a box for the text that's selected by the
range. We are not necessarily returning anything that corresponds to an
actual CSS box. Sorry because I probably wrote that in the first place :-).

Thanks,
Rob
53:5-6]