Re: [css3-namespace] CSS qualified names syntax

From: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:10:20 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org

On Monday 10 March 2008 22:06, fantasai wrote:
> Just added a grammar definition to match the defined syntax for CSS
> qualified names:
>
>    http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-namespace/#css-qnames
>
> It would be good if someone more familiar with the grammar syntax
> checked that for errors. :)
>
> ~fantasai

Did you intent "qname_prefix" in the second rule?

    qname_prefix
      : [namespace_prefix]? '|'
      ;
    wqname_prefix
      : qname | [ '*' '|' ]
        ^^^^^
      ;

I think copying, rather than referring to the first rule makes the
second one easier to read:

    qname_prefix
      : namespace_prefix? '|'
      ;
    wqname_prefix
      : namespace_prefix? '|'
      | '*' '|'
      ;

But I wonder if this grammar is necessary at all. The syntax is already
defined the Selectors module for the selectors part and in the Values
and Units module for the attr() notation. It's better not to have two
(normative) descriptions of something, even if it is as simple as this
one.

Bert