Re: [cssom-view] small update

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 11:33 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 21:06:24 +0100, Robert O'Callahan
> <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:
> > This isn't a well-formed sentence. Also, this isn't quite accurate; when
> > tables break vertically you may want to return additional rects, e.g.
> > table,
> > caption, table, table. (Although since we don't currently break tables
> > across CSS3 column boundaries, it's not possible for Web authors to
> > observe
> > this in FF3. Hopefully it will be possible in a future release.)
>
> So how do we capture that accurately?

I'm not sure. How about, "return a ClientRectList object containing
ClientRect objects for the caption box(es) as well as the table box(es),
with each caption box appearing after the table box with which it is
associated, if any. Note that multiple table and/or caption boxes can arise
due to page and column breaks." This leaves quite a lot undefined, but
defining everything is pretty hard given the possibility of captions
appearing on different pages and captions being split.

Ah. So for each "anonymous block box" you take the child box(es) until you
> don't have any anonymous block boxes left?

Right.

Rob
53:5-6]