Re: [CSS 2.1] General at-blocks and error recovery

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 10:54:28 +0100
To: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 06:56:11 +0100, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
wrote:
> What Firefox is doing is the following:
>
> @media all {
>   /* ok, we're inside an @media rule, so we parse declaration blocks */
> @
>   /* well, this is the beginning of an invalid selector, so we have
>      to parse until we hit the end of the declaration block, that
>      is, until we hit an { and then the matching } */
> }
>   /* not a {, so keep looking for the { to start our declaration block */
>   /* ... same for all remaining tokens in the style sheet */
>
> I can't find anything that says what @media rules are supposed to
> have in them, but this seems to match the spec, now that I think
> about it.

I figured this was the reasoning. So is the reason this does not violate

   http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/syndata.html#block

that you're trying to form an at-rule token and therefore the matching { }
pair is not actually a matching pair but the closing curly brace is part
of a token?

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>