Re: [cssom-view] small update

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 23:35:07 +0100
To: robert@ocallahan.org
Cc: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>, www-style@w3.org

* Robert O'Callahan wrote:
>On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 7:58 PM, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> Why is the TextRectangle called thusly? Wouldn't, say, ClientRectangle
>> be a better name?
>
>Because that's what IE calls it. ClientRectangle would be better, but would
>it be better enough to bother changing to it?

As far as I can tell, the name occurs only in the documentation. The
interfaces are actually called IHTMLRect and IHTMLRectCollection if
you use the API from, say, C++, and Internet Explorer generally does
not expose either interface name in JavaScript in an important way,
so I don't think the existing naming matters. As I understand it, the
interface is used in several places that do not deal with text at all,
so I find this name rather confusing.