Re: [cssom-view] small update

On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 13:09:22 +0100, Robert O'Callahan
<robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 1:00 AM, Erik Dahlström <ed@opera.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 13:59:53 +0100, Robert O'Callahan
>> <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:
>>
>> > A few comments...
>> > For SVG elements, which don't really have border-boxes, our
>> > implementation
>> > of getClientRects returns a single rect which is the bounding-box of
>> the
>> > SVG
>> > element.
>>
>> Is "the bounding-box" for SVG the same as what SVGLocatable.getBBox
>> returns on the element? Since those bboxes are in user-space coordinates
>> it should be noted that they may not be aligned with the screen
>> coordinate
>> system. Or do you mean SVGLocatable.getScreenBBox (from SVGT12), which
>> is
>> aligned with the screen coordinate system?
>>

> For consistency with non-SVG elements, it's a box in CSS pixel units,
> aligned with and relative to the viewport (either the true viewport or a
> foreignObject-based viewport). I guess that's almost the same as
> getScreenBBox.

Well, even I am sometimes fooled by the fact that "Screen" in
"getScreenBBox" means "Client" [1]. Sorry if that led to any confusion :)

If the implementation is almost the same as getScreenBBox, how does it
differ? And why?

Cheers
/Erik

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/svgudom.html#svg__SVGLocatable