Re: [CSS21] The grammar of url() token

Christof Hoeke wrote:

> --- CSS3 Syntax Module (latest Working Draft 13 August 2003) ---
> defines it a bit different:
>
>     urlchar ::=     [#x9#x21#x23-#x26#x27-#x7E] | nonascii | escape
>     URI     ::=     "url(" w (string | urlchar* ) w ")"

Making tab (U+0009) valid in URLs looks wrong to me.  The reason that
space and newline are not allowed is that, when printed, they met get
confounded as the result of text wrapping (noting that printed URLs may
get there by means other than specific software for handling web
material).  When printed, there may be problems in determining the
number of spaces.  Printing includes handwriting.

Tab would seem to have the same problem as spaces.

--
David Woolley