Re: WebKit now supports CSS Variables

From: Christoph Päper <christoph.paeper@crissov.de>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:29:34 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org

Dave Singer:
> I was just reacting the odd-ness of declaring a constant twice (or more)
> with different values.

I haven't followed this thread carefully, but I thought everybody
understood that constants are impossible in the cascade model of CSS.
Author-set constants that is, because we do have constants already, they
are called keywords. We could make keywords variable, but that's it (and
somehow nobody seems interested to pursuit that idea).

> In general in programming languages,

Programming is *very* different from CSS (despite all those curly brackets).