Re: [CSS21] Addition of 2 values to the visibility property

From: Brad Kemper <brkemper@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 08:44:56 -0700
Cc: "Zachary Weinberg" <zweinberg@mozilla.com>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, www-style@w3.org
To: Simetrical <simetrical@gmail.com>

On Jun 27, 2008, at 6:16 AM, Simetrical wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 9:24 PM, Brad Kemper <brkemper@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>> You could have a property on the text box like this:
>>
>> { text-replaced-by: image; }
>>
>> or
>>
>> { text-replaced-by: svg }
>
> This is exactly what the content property does in CSS3.

Yes, well, except that if I insert an image with 'content:
url(header.png), contents;', then it would be a foreground image and I
would not be able to crop it with a height or width based on ems or
percentage, right? So a little less flexible for flexible layouts. Or
if I had other foreground elements to go inside the element (besides
the replaced content), wouldn't they be pushed aside by the foreground
image?