Re: [CSS21] Addition of 2 values to the visibility property

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 7:03 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> content: inhibit suffers from the exact same problems as the original
> proposal, in that a user with CSS on but images off becomes nearly
> completely unable to use the control.  Thus, using the content property to
> control this is also decidely sub-optimal.

In principle, you could avoid this issue using the content property,
with syntax like 'content: url(header.png), contents;'.  This would
display header.png if possible, but otherwise fall back to the
element's contents.  In the current draft it doesn't seem to be as
featureful as the background property, with no positioning or similar
things that I can see, but I don't know if that would be the case in a
finalized recommendation.  Overall it seems like the most direct and
coherent way to address the problem proposed here so far.