Re: CSS 2.1 'overflow' applicability to table row groups

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 11:59 AM, Andrew Fedoniouk <
news@terrainformatica.com> wrote:

> I personally have no name for the activity  "spec says 'not applicable' in
> 5 years or so but we will try to use it anyway".
> Only my condolences to them.
>
> <quote src="http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visufx.html#overflow">
> overflow: This property specifies whether content of a *block-level
> element* is clipped when it overflows the element's box....
> </quote>
>
> <quote src="http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visuren.html#block-boxes">
> Block-level elements are those elements of the source document that are
> formatted visually as blocks (e.g., paragraphs). Several values of the
> 'display' property make an element block-level: *'block', 'list-item', and
> 'run-in' (part of the time; see run-in boxes), and 'table'*
> </quote>

I know what the spec says. It's just painful to tell people "sorry, we're
taking this feature out because it's not in the spec, sorry there is no
other way to do what you want." Your condolences, or mine, may not be
appreciated.

Rob
53:5-6]