Re: WebKit now supports CSS Variables

On Jun 24, 2008, at 5:30 AM, Francois Remy wrote:

> Also, I think your spec leak a "CSS Variables Center".
>
> Now, if we want to get, with the DOM (JS), all variables defined in
> the page, we must walk all stylesheets and style rules.
> It should be great if we can have a "document.CSSVariables" object.

Yes!

I think we should have document.computedCSSVariables along with
document.getComputedCSSVariableRule.  The former would give you a
computed CSSVariablesDeclaration of all the currently defined
variables in your view, and the latter would let you obtain the
"winning rule" for a given computed variable.

dave