Re: WebKit now supports CSS Variables

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 15:50:16 +0200
To: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Cc: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>

Håkon Wium Lie wrote:

> I'd prefer to throw away invalid declarations at parse time, and not
> have to keep them around. Therefore, I suggest that we add text
> similar to the @namespace specification:
>
>   The namespace prefix is declared only within the style sheet in
>   which its @namespace rule appears. It is not declared in any style
>   sheets importing or imported by that style sheet, nor in any other
>   style sheets applying to the document.

I see your point but I strongly disagree. The main purpose of CSS
Variables for a corporation is unicity of design for all corporate
web sites. That means having a single corporateVars.css somewhere that
all other stylesheets can import... If you break at @import boundaries,
the whole thing loses most of its interest.

</Daniel>