Re: [CSS 2.1] static position of an absolutely positioned element with auto-offsets

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 13:46:35 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org

fantasai wrote:

> Alex, do we need to make a clarification here to avoid the IE<8
> interpretation?

Recorded as CSS2.1 Issue 45, btw.
   http://csswg.inkedblade.net/spec/css2.1#issue-45
I'll close it as no change unless WG members feel a need to clarify further.
Alternatively we could add "specified" to the sentence so it reads
   "if its specified 'position' property"
to clarify that this hypothetical calculation may require recomputing the
'display' property.
   http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visuren.html#dis-pos-flo

~fantasai