Re: [CSS 2.1: 9.4.1] Block Formating Context - clarification of term propagated

Alan Gresley wrote:
> Firstly can the word 'viewport' be changed to 'viewpoint' which I think
> is the intended meaning.

The intended meaning is "viewport", as it says. See
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visuren.html#viewport

> What does the part in the parentheses "except when that value has been
> propagated to the viewpoint" actually mean?

See http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visufx.html#overflow the paragraph
starting "UAs must apply the 'overflow' property set on the root element
to the viewport."

> Is this what the spec is meaning or am I understanding this wrong?

The latter, as far as I can tell.

-Boris