Re: Publishing the flexible box model

On Wednesday 2008-06-04 17:50 -0700, Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
> Consider following markup:

> and we would like to "stick" second div to the bottom and first one to
> the top of the view. How would you
> accomplish that with XUL flexes? Probably I have missed something but
> that is impossible with XUL flexes.

> Flexibility is really a length unit rather than some property.

No, since some layout models (traditional document layout) use one
dimension as input and the other as output; you can only flex in a
dimension that is input to the algorithm.  In the existing CSS
model, in many cases, there is no sensible height that is input to
the algorithm (or, depending on how you look at it, multiple heights
that might be of interest).

-David