Re: [CSS21] Are vendor-specific extensions invalid?

From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 15:52:53 +0100
To: Christof Hoeke <csad7@t-online.de>
CC: Ingo Chao <i4chao@googlemail.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

Christof Hoeke wrote:
> I guess a WARNING instead of an ERROR for these cases would be better,
> would it not?

Only if the definition of CSS 2.1 stylesheet validity is changed. A
validator should emit errors when a document is not valid.

> A  sheet would still not be "valid" - just "wellformed"
> though.

It might be useful to have a tool that could check documents can be
parsed according to the CSS 2.1 specification. That would be a different
tool to a validator which checks documents are valid according to the
CSS 2.1 specification.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis