Re: Parent Combinator / Parent pseudo-class

From: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 15:59:07 -0700
To: Joshua Cranmer <Pidgeot18@verizon.net>
CC: Brad Kemper <brkemper@comcast.net>, Francois Remy <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>

Joshua Cranmer wrote:
> Brad Kemper wrote:
>> I can really see no use case for a "has-child" pseudo-class to look
>> at all descendants.
> I see only one case that would be common:
>
> tr:has-grandchild(input:checked) -- to change the background of a row
> based on whether or not a checkbox was checked

There are many cases in fact.
As an example:
http://terrainformatica.com/htmlayout/images/tree-view-checks.png
Try to imagine system of styles that define images for the checkboxes above.
Each checkbox may have three images: checked, not-checked, mixed.
Plus variations: hover/not-hover/etc.

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.

http://terrainformatica.com