Re: Parent Combinator / Parent pseudo-class

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 15:34:12 -0700
To: Francois Remy <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>
CC: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>

Francois Remy wrote:
> Sorry but it's not true... If you talk about the fact about the fact I
> abonnate myself on mouseover events

I'm talking about the fact that your solution doesn't handle focus
changes, say.  Or attribute mutations.  Or other DOM mutations.  It's
focused on making :hover work, on a particular set of nodes, in a
particular way.

>        function createCSSWithChildRule(beforeSelector, childSelector,
> afterSelector, rule) {

This is assuming that the -with-child thing is never used in a selector
that involves any combinators.

In any case, the -with-child thing would in fact not be all that bad to
implement.  But we were talking about more general things like :matches
and parent combinators, last I checked.

-Boris