Re: Parent Combinator / Parent pseudo-class

Brad Kemper wrote:
> On Jul 23, 2008, at 9:54 AM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
>> Brad Kemper wrote:
>>> Can you post a test case, using JavaScript to simulate this, to show
>>> how slow?
>>
>> Probably, but honestly this is a very low priority for me.  So I
>> doubt I'll get to it any time soon (months).
>
> Completely understand you have time constraints and other priorities.
> Your argument against this popular feature request will just go
> unsubstantiated until someone puts together some sort of example
> showing it.

It is not about personal preferences or priorities but rather about
fundamental limitations related to computational complexity of selectors.

I have tried to explain these limitations in the article "CSS, selectors
and computational complexity"
that is available at http://www.terrainformatica.com/?p=99

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.