Re: Parent Combinator / Parent pseudo-class

From: Stephen <w3mail@jixor.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 18:10:28 +1000
To: www-style@w3.org
Ingo Chao wrote:
> 2008/7/19 Stephen <w3mail@jixor.com>:

>> My concept is that it should be possible to target an element with specific
>> children...
>>

> div:with-child(h5) {
>   float: left;
>   overflow: hidden;
> }
>
> I think that would cause a reflow of what is already rendered of the
> div when a h5 is encountered.
>
> regards

I have considered this and to me it would be a matter of choice, a
developer would be aware that it could cause awkward adjustments however
for the rendering engine one would expect it would be no different to
doing it with javascript, which is a quite simple process, but not
really satisfactory as I tend to prefer to avoid js as much as possible
for obvious reasons.