Re: overflow and list-items

From: Arron Eicholz <Arron.Eicholz@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 17:55:09 -0700
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

> When a 'li' element or any element set to 'display: list-item' has
> a setting for 'overflow' other than 'visible' what should happen to
> the marker box when it is set to 'list-style-position: outside'?
>
> Should the marker be visible?
>
> Should the marker scroll with the first text item even though the
> marker is not inside of the scrollable region?

Testcases:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2008Jul/att-0050/list-item-overflow-scroll.htm
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2008Jul/att-0050/list-item-overflow-visible.htm
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2008Jul/att-0050/list-item-overflow-hidden.htm

Opera, Safari, and Firefox do not display the marker. However IE7 does.
We think it makes more sense to display the marker, so we propose the
following:

  Add to definition of 'outside':

--
fantasai and Arron Eicholz