Re: Proposal for adding variable declaration blocks

Simetrical wrote:

> If some kind of sigil is used, there's no reason to prevent keywords
> from being used in variable names.  The sigil will effectively

If CSS must have variables, I think an explicit variable marker would be
tbe best approach.  However, SQL uses an alternative approach in which
bare names can be used as variables, but, if used in a context which
clashes with a keyword, special notation (square brackets, or double
quotes) can be used to prevent the keyword interpretation.  The solution
is not compatible with the forward compatibility requirements of CSS.

--
David Woolley