Re: Widgets and :context

From: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 12:27:25 -0700
To: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
CC: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>, www-style <www-style@w3.org>

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 20:31:13 +0200, Andrew Fedoniouk
> <news@terrainformatica.com> wrote:
>
>> That is what I thought: widgets if used as components on some page
>> behave as a micro documents - fragments
>> of the DOM with local style systems rooted to the widget. But it
>> seems that this is not the case - that Widgets are
>> more about free floating frames that live in top level windows on
>> desktop(?), something like Konfabulator "desktoplets".
>
> Assuming I understand you correctly, then yes. The Widgets spec at W3C
> is about a way to package web standards-based applications to use them
> as locally installed applications.
>
> cheers
>
> Chaals

Thanks for the clarification.

Seems like I mixed up Web Widget[1], Web Control[2] and Behavior[3]

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_widget
[2] http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-controls/current-work/
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/becss/

Simply thought that scoped style sheet are somehow related to one of those.

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.
http://terrainformatica.com