Re: "maybe even in the fact that you use words as all," (sic)

From: Dave Singer <singer@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 13:34:00 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org

At 20:20  +0100 17/07/08, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:
>fantasai,
>
>if the CSS specification is failing to fulfill it's part in the w3c
>mission is that off topic?

CSS styles many things, not just text.  If you have concrete ideas,
questions, or proposals that relate to even the conceptual field
where styling is separated from content, then I think you will be
considered (closer to) on-topic.

>what evidence do you have that anyone who is illiterate ever wrote
>anything with CSS?
>can you cite an instance?

I don't see for a moment why this is relevant to discussions of CSS.

>How useful do you imagine user style sheets are to someone with
>learning disabilities who is illiterate?

Very useful indeed, particularly if you have proposals that set the
styling so that the content becomes more consumable by that person
(even if they need help in creating the style sheet).

>communication is a two way process.
>
>You are attempting to deliberately exclude the community you are
>failing to serve, in order to do 'technical work' which has no
>validity or meaning unless it fulfills those obligations.

Concrete proposals, please, or at least ideas or criticisms that
address CSS as it is.
--
David Singer
Apple/QuickTime