Re: [css3-color] ICC implementation

From: Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 08:51:13 +0100
To: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
CC: www-style@w3.org

Bert Bos wrote:

> If that is the same for color profiles, the default has to be to ignore
> the profile, because otherwise people surfing with a new browser would
> see broken pages that used to work in their old browser.

Is that a real problem ?  When I have encountered such
a problem in the past, I have typically followed this
sequence :

1) Rejected the new browser
2) Realised the error of my ways
3) Adopted the new browser, but
	kept a copy of an older one for legacy pages
4) Thrown away the legacy browser

The overall timescale is usually less than six months.