Re: Opera's Proposal for :context Selector

Bert Bos wrote:
> On Thursday 10 July 2008 22:03, Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>> Hi,
>>    This is a proposal for a new :context pseudo-class designed to
>> match the context node of a query, where the the scope of elements
>> that match a given Selector is constrained to be within a subtree
>> rooted by a particular node.
>
> If I understand correctly, the underlying goal is to better support
> subdocuments: a document with its own style sheet inside another
> document.

No, I believe you have misunderstood the goals.  This has nothing to do
with subdocuments.  But it's not clear to me where the misunderstanding
has stemmed from, so I'm not sure how to clarify it for you.  If you
could clarify what it is that led you to that conclusion, I might be
able to explain it more clearly.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/