From: Zachary Weinberg [mailto:zweinberg@mozilla.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 06, 2008 9:57 PM
To: Saloni Mira Rai
Cc: CSS
Subject: Re: [CSS21] Why are browser default style values different from Appendix D

----- "Saloni Mira Rai" <salonir@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Using Alan's template, I updated the table with em values where
> appropriate. The rows where there is a difference between the majority
> of browsers and default style are marked as red.

A correction to your table: FF2 and FF3 do use "bolder" for <B> and <STRONG>.  See layout/style/html.css, if you have the source code to hand.

You are seeing "401" because that's the (buggy, and improperly exposed in the DOM) internal representation Gecko uses for "bolder" on top of "normal"/"400".  If you applied <B> in the middle of a <span style="font-weight:500"> you'd see 501, etc.

zw