RE: [CSS2.1] Grammar for @media versus general block parsing

From: Grant, Melinda <melinda.grant@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 01:19:23 +0000
To: "Grant, Melinda" <melinda.grant@hp.com>, Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

I said:
> There are at least three shipping implementations that
> support @page inside @media.  They do not require a
> separating semi-colon, although every version of the spec
> since it included a grammar has indicated they should.  So it
> seems that either the spec or implementations must change...

It's also worth considering that there have been erroneous examples in the specification since 2003 (omitting the separating semi-colon), so we've inadvertently encouraged this interpretation.  It would therefore seem to be preferable to 'legalize' the absence of a semi, if possible.

Best wishes,

Melinda