Re: [CSS-idea] CSS with classes.

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 1:47 AM, Daniel Glazman <
daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com> wrote:

> Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
>

>> Here is the idea for how to extend CSS by classes or style sets. So to get
>> CSS++ - object oriented CSS.
>>

> I think this proposal gives CSS two things : power and total
> unreadability. I'm not ready to accept the latter to get the former.
>
> If we go that way, soon only the original author of a given stylesheet
> will be able to modify it because of the complexity of the prose...
>
> I'm against this proposal.
>
> </Daniel>

Agreed in opposition.  I think the proposal is very interesting in its use
of the :root pseudo-class, but allowing a styleset to descend arbitrarily
down the markup means that putting a styleset rule into one block can have
difficult-to-predict results on later selector blocks, unless you've
completely internalized all the 'classes' you're working with.  The standard
variable proposals limit the effect of a variable to only the block it shows
up in (plus inheritance, of course, but that's standard).