Re: <br> and generated-content

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 8:05 PM, Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) <P.Taylor@rhul.ac.uk>
wrote:

> May I disagree ?  It is the duty of an implementor to
> concern him/herself with everything that an author
> might do <stress>that is consistent with the specification</>.

One of the first lessons of browser implementation is that authors cannot be
trusted. Therefore it is the duty of the implementor to concern him/herself
with everything that an author might do, "consistent with the specification"
or not. (And it is the duty of the spec author to ensure that specifications
prescribe behaviour for everything an author might do, so that question does
not arise.)

Rob
53:5-6]