Re: <br> and generated-content

Daniel Glazman wrote:
> It's off-topic but since we deal with <br> here, I urge
> browser vendors to fully support ::before and ::after on <br>.
> This allows very simple effects like
>
> body[showBRs="true"] br::before {
>   content: "\0000b6"; /* ¶ */
> }

So in a UA which implements <br> using generated ::before this would
remove the line-break, and in a UA which implements <br> using generated
::after this would leave the line-break, right?

And in a UA which treats <br> as a replaced element this may or may not
do anything at all?

I don't see anything wrong with requiring that <br> not be a replaced
element, but that seems like an HTML decision, not a CSS one.

-Boris