Re: Dots vs. dashes

From: Ambrose Li <ambrose.li@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 14:39:06 -0500
To: "David Perrell" <davidp@hpaa.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

On 28/01/2008, David Perrell <davidp@hpaa.com> wrote:
> Doesn't a stroke with setlinecap parameter of 1 (round cap) and setdash
> array of [0 n] (where 0 is length of dash and n is units between dot
> centers) produce a dotted line?

That could as well be the case. But how do you specify a dash-dot
line style with one setdash call (with the proposed semantics that
dots must be round and dashes must be square)? You can't, so
you still have to do some acrobatics to get round-dot-square-dash
lines.

Not that I really find it that important. With Unicode support and
all that, whether something can be easily done in Postscript isn't
really that important nowadays.
--
cheers,
-ambrose

Yahoo and Gmail must die. Yes, I use them, but they still must die.
PS: Don't trust everything you read in Wikipedia. (Very Important)