Re: [css3-multicol] Overflow and Columns

Alex Mogilevsky wrote:
> [...]

Cool. I'm glad we agree. If Håkon also agrees, then let's put it in the spec. :)

>> Furthermore, I'd like to suggest suggesting that scrollable boxes
>> be considered unbreakable.. because I don't want to implement slicing
>> a scrollable text box into multiple pieces and have it still..
>> scrollable...
>
> I can live with scrollers being breakable or unbreakable, as long as it is consistent
> across pages and columns. I would rather have scrollers break but not scroll
> than have them behave differently in columns...

Well, the nice thing about scrollboxes in print mode is that you can't scroll them.
They're not interactive, they're just decoration. In multi-columns, even if you break
them in half, they still need to work. Imagine an interactive scrollbox broken into
three parts... now apply the page-breaking rules so no line boxes get cut in half...
while you're scrolling..? I don't want to go there, so we need a "The UA may treat
scrollable boxes as unbreakable."

~fantasai